Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Dynamic Flat File Name(Source) (OWB)
Dynamic Flat File Name(Source) [message #391669] Thu, 12 March 2009 22:58 Go to next message
kamonsak.l
Hi all

Can any one please help me , how to develop source with dynamic flat files name such as "YearMonthDate.txt"?

Thank You
Kamonsak(Thailand)
Re: Dynamic Flat File Name(Source) [message #391894 is a reply to message #391669] Sat, 14 March 2009 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajitpal.s
Im not sure if its possible using owb. I found a link on oracle but its not current

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=210347

Theres a workaround anyway.

What we can do is define two files
1) Data file (fixed file name)
2) Control file (contains info about the data file, ie: record count of data file, business date of data file, process date of this data file, and other neccessary information.

Then you can use the control file to identify when the data file was processed, business date of the data file content, etc)

Hope it helps.
Re: Dynamic Flat File Name(Source) [message #392106 is a reply to message #391894] Mon, 16 March 2009 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajitpal.s
I found a document to handle variable file name processing via owb.

Look for section "How do i handle Flat File With Variable Names" in the file attached

I would suggest this document is attached to faq section for owb, i noticed most of the questions by users can be found in the document

[EDITED by LF]

You have attached a document which is protected by copyright. OraFAQ does not host such documents, so it has been removed. Please, do not do that any more.

You may, however, post a link so that other people might read it.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2009 16:43] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dynamic Flat File Name(Source) [message #511864 is a reply to message #392106] Wed, 15 June 2011 09:40 Go to previous message
allenchan
hi due, where is your attached file?
Previous Topic: Loading Multiple Files Using OWB
Next Topic: Mapping Deployed But Deployment Status is still 'Not Deployed'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:56:41 CDT 2024