Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle 10g Reports - REP-501 on access from form but browser access works fine (Oracle 10g Reports)
Oracle 10g Reports - REP-501 on access from form but browser access works fine [message #392639] Wed, 18 March 2009 13:31 Go to next message
nilbags
Hi,

We are using Oracle Reports 10g on App Server installed on AIX with Database (10.2.0.4) too on AIX

I am trying to invoke a report from a form button using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT however, it is failing with FRM-41214 (Unable to run report). When I check the report ID from the browser, the error shown is REP-501. Can you please help me with this ?

The foll. seems to be working fine
1. Running the same report from browser with all params including the connect string
2. Running the report from form by directly using web.show_document
3. Same report and form works absolutely fine (with run_report_object) for another instance (different database on same AIX server accessed from same App server)),

This has confused me. Please help me with this.

Re: Oracle 10g Reports - REP-501 on access from form but browser access works fine [message #392665 is a reply to message #392639] Wed, 18 March 2009 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I was about to suggest you to use WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT instead (which you have tried).

I guess you have already read this, but never mind:
Oracle
REP-501: Unable to connect to the specified database.

Cause: Reports Builder tried to but could not connect to ORACLE. The possible causes of this error include the following:
Case 1: ORACLE is temporarily unavailable.
Case 2: Your connect information was not valid.

Action: You can take the following actions to correct this error:
If Case 1: Retry the operation. Contact your DBA if the problem persists. Note that after three failed attempts, you will be forced to leave Reports Builder.
If Case 2: Check your connect information to make sure it is correct. If it is not, re-enter it and try to connect again. Note that after three failed attempts, you will be forced to leave Reports Builder.
Re: Oracle 10g Reports - REP-501 on access from form but browser access works fine [message #392732 is a reply to message #392665] Thu, 19 March 2009 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nilbags
Thanks but I have read this ...

My problem is that the same forms is going to be used for both databases, and I therefore cannot replace run_report_object with an explicit web.show_document, especially since the former is working fine on the other instance.

Unable to comprehend why it is not working only for my database. Will any trace help ? ... can you pls help with that
Re: Oracle 10g Reports - REP-501 on access from form but browser access works fine [message #582769 is a reply to message #392732] Mon, 22 April 2013 08:39 Go to previous message
leons
This is an old post, but for the sake of others.
We had a similar issue after upgrading to 11g database, at the end, it was the database password's case sensitivity setting.
Try and switch the case sensitive passwords off on the database.
Previous Topic: RPT2XLS :: SQL OUTPUT :: 3 SHEETS
Next Topic: Display data vertically(landscape format)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:08:26 CDT 2024