Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Oracle Streams (10g R2 Unix Env)
Oracle Streams [message #514092] Fri, 01 July 2011 07:15 Go to next message
TRaj

Hi,

We use a uni-directional streams env involving 2 databases.

Need to know how the spilled msgs can be handled.

Will those msgs will be propagated and applied automatically?

How to handle failed transactions in the queues due to various errors with capture, propagation or apply processes.

In my application, we cannot re-execute the transactions at the source db if it got failed to replicate at the destination db.

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Streams [message #514101 is a reply to message #514092] Fri, 01 July 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Hello - I think it may not be possible to answer such general questions here, but I'll try to give a few pointers.
First, by "spilled msgs" do you mean messages in a buffered queue that have been written to disc? If so, no worries - they will be propagated when possible. As for what you call "failed transactions", you must write your own message handlers to deal with them, certainly do not re-execute the transaction at the source.
Re: Oracle Streams [message #516655 is a reply to message #514092] Tue, 19 July 2011 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ssgottik
Hi ,

No need to wory much about spilled messages. Oracle will take care of it automatically.

Most offen you use to get ORA-01403 NO DATA FOUND error, below link may be useful for you to trouble shoot the above issue.

gssdba.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/ora-01403-no-data-found-in-oracle-streams/

Thanks and Regards,
Satish.G.S
gssdba.wordpress.com
Re: Oracle Streams [message #628139 is a reply to message #514092] Thu, 20 November 2014 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JordanHill
I'm sure the item might not be possible in order to reply this sort of basic questions right here, but We'll try to supply a couple of hints.
Initial, by "spilled msgs" does one suggest communications inside a buffered queue that have been written in order to cd? If you are, no worries : they will be propagated as soon as possible. In terms of that which you call "failed transactions", you must produce your personal concept handlers to handle them, surely tend not to re-execute the actual purchase in the supply.

NoorAlamShahzad
Re: Oracle Streams [message #628141 is a reply to message #628139] Thu, 20 November 2014 06:15 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Why do you answer a question that is 3 years old? Above all when this is just to repeat what has been said before?
Can't you find anything to help in newer questions?

Previous Topic: Help with Oracle Streams. How to uniquely identify LCRs in queue?
Next Topic: propagation between 3 queues( Oracle AQ)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:28:10 CDT 2024