Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Assignment Package
Assignment Package [message #572692] Sun, 16 December 2012 05:31 Go to next message
hany_marawan
Hi,
I used this procedure "hr_assignment_api.update_emp_asg_criteria" for loading the people assignments.
I want the package not taking the hire date automatic I want to enter this date to the assignment procedure.

How can I do it.

Regards
Re: Assignment Package [message #572694 is a reply to message #572692] Sun, 16 December 2012 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gopigt

Hi Hany,

Could you pls clarify what do you mean "Hire Date" in assignment API?

Because default assignment record will be created when you upload the Employee master. Assignment effective start date would be as same as the original hire date of the employee which you have entered when creating the employee.

For example, if '01-JAN-2012' is the employee orginal hire date, the assignment effective start would also be the same and later you can update the assignment details like payroll, pay basis, positon, organization, location and people groups etc. using "HR_ASSIGNMENT_API.UPDATE_EMP_ASG" and "HR_ASSIGNMENT_API.UPDATE_EMP_ASG_CRITERIA" api's.

Thanks
Gopi GT
Re: Assignment Package [message #572696 is a reply to message #572694] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hany_marawan
Hello,
You are right, I mean the hiring date.
I don not want the API take the hiring date of the employee I want to give it any date I want.
Re: Assignment Package [message #572699 is a reply to message #572696] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gopigt

Hi,

Using Assignment API, you cannot update the hire date of the employee since the assignment record is created by the system when you create the employee, so you can pass the Hire date while employee creation using "HR_EMPLOYEE_API.CREATE_EMPLOYEE" api. or you can update the same using " HR_PERSON_API.UPDATE_PERSON" Api. you can find the parameter "p_original_date_of_hire" in both the API's.

Thanks
Gopi GT
Re: Assignment Package [message #572701 is a reply to message #572699] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hany_marawan
Hi,
OK, I understood your idea.
If i created first employee asignment by the hiring date, can I add new assignment with new date.

Thanks
Re: Assignment Package [message #572703 is a reply to message #572701] Sun, 16 December 2012 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gopigt

Hi,

Yes, you can add the new assignment details by giving the new effective date, which will end date the existing record and will create the new assignment record with the new effective date which you pass. to achieve this you need to pass "UPDATE" as the value to the "p_datetrack_update_mode" parameter in update api.

In HR assignments record update API, if you pass the value "CORRECT" to the "p_datetrack_update_mode" parameter, the existing record will be corrected which will not creare any new record, but if you pass the "UPDATE" as the parameter value, it will end date the existing record and will create the new record with the effective date which you have passed.

For example if you are passing new date as "01-JAN-2013" and "p_datetrack_update_mode" as "UPDATE", it will end date the existing record as "31-DEC-2012" and will create the new record with the Start date "01-JAN-2013"

Thanks
Gopi GT
Re: Assignment Package [message #572704 is a reply to message #572703] Sun, 16 December 2012 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hany_marawan
First of all thanks for your attention.
Is the parameter of new effective date "p_effective_start_date" or what?

Thanks
Re: Assignment Package [message #572711 is a reply to message #572704] Sun, 16 December 2012 08:28 Go to previous message
gopigt

Nope... "p_effective_start_date" is an out parameter. you cant pass any value. you must pass the value into "p_effective_date". Smile

Thanks
Gopi GT

[Updated on: Sun, 16 December 2012 08:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Approval group's members list
Next Topic: Enable 'CLOSE' po option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:04:52 CDT 2024