Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » SQL tuning (EBS ORacle)
SQL tuning [message #579836] Fri, 15 March 2013 22:56 Go to next message
bhawnakaamra
Hello

I have a report in oracle apps .and it it giving me output after a very long time.it takes almost 1 hour in opening that report.Will someone help me in tuning of this report.FInd the attachment enclosed in the attachment.and give me the best possible solution..

Thanks in advance
Re: SQL tuning [message #579840 is a reply to message #579836] Sat, 16 March 2013 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhawnakaamra
gUYS PLEASE HELP ME OUT,.
Re: SQL tuning [message #579845 is a reply to message #579840] Sat, 16 March 2013 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Are you aware of the fact that weekend has just begun and that half of the world is sleeping? I'm afraid that you'll have to be patient.

Anyway: I don't have Reports Builder here. Even if I did, you should have specified which version you use (database, Reports, operating system). Consider posting pure SQL statement you used in a report (instead of the whole RDF file); note that not many people here use EBS so - we don't even have your tables.

Furthermore, we do have a performance tuning forum. It contains the How to tune SQL or Identify Performance Problem and Bottleneck sticky thread which might give you some ideas - I'd suggest you to review it.

Finally, if you are in a bad hurry, consider hiring a consultant.
Re: SQL tuning [message #582720 is a reply to message #579845] Mon, 22 April 2013 03:53 Go to previous message
nlnkapardi

Hello Bhawana

There may be a various reasons for this long running. Please check the following with your DBA team.

1.) When are the Purging stratagies are there.
2.)And when is the Index Rebuild are done.If they are no done please Do it and Re-test the Issue.
3.) When is the Gather stats is scheduled.If Not please Schedule it I mean At Weekend days.
4.)If possible please post the AWR report. Also ask the DBA If there is Any locks on the Particular table like PL/SQL locks or Tabular locks Or Object level at that particular point of time.

Please Feel Free to reply me back.

Thank you
kapardi
Previous Topic: Oracle Payables exchange rate issue
Next Topic: Error table in ebs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:44:44 CDT 2024