Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » P_MODE="USER" in Form Function
P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585581] Tue, 28 May 2013 01:03 Go to next message
sumanthllr
P_MODE="USER" in the form function parameter.
What does it function exactly?
Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585582 is a reply to message #585581] Tue, 28 May 2013 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is taken out of its context so I can't tell what it might be. Therefore, post the whole function code.

The way it is written, it looks invalid. Double quotes most probably aren't used as these are meaningless. Equation sign misses colon (i.e. it shouldn't be just =, but := ).

If P_MODE is a variable, it would be
p_mode := 'USER';
which would put a string 'USER' into that variable. Or, if it was
p_mode := USER;
it would put current user (the one who is logged in) into that variable.

If P_MODE was a parameter, it would be
:parameter.p_mode := ...
but you didn't specify that.

So, if you could explain the question with some more details, it might be easier to answer.

P.S. I didn't realize that it was an Oracle Apps. question. If that's the case, *maybe*
P_MODE="USER"
actually does something, but you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that.

I guess that USER represents currently logged user (its username).

[Updated on: Tue, 28 May 2013 01:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585583 is a reply to message #585582] Tue, 28 May 2013 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sumanthllr
Thanks for the reply,

P_MODE="USER" is the same I mean.
As if the function parameter is having P_MODE="USER" so, the form is protected against update.
Do, P_MODE="USER" and QUERY_ONLY="YES" functions same?

Here the requirement is I have to check whether the form is protected against update or not.
So, I find a form which is protected against update having the parameter P_MODE="USER".
If I remove the parameter, the form can be updated.
Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585602 is a reply to message #585583] Tue, 28 May 2013 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know; I think that it is in a close relation to Oracle Apps. (which I don't use) so - wait for someone else who knows what it means.
Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585607 is a reply to message #585583] Tue, 28 May 2013 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a_kamalraj

Hi,

P_MODE="USER" and QUERY_ONLY="YES" both are not same.

QUERY_ONLY="YES" is just telling this form which you are opening is only for querying records and not for anything else.

P_MODE="USER" i am not sure will let you know soon on this...

Cheers
Kamal(kamal.love@gmail.com)
Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585616 is a reply to message #585607] Tue, 28 May 2013 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
LOL! How do you know that P_MODE="USER" and QUERY_ONLY="YES" aren't same, as - obviously - you have no idea what P_MODE="USER" actually means?
Re: P_MODE="USER" in Form Function [message #585643 is a reply to message #585616] Tue, 28 May 2013 11:16 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
Do, P_MODE="USER" and QUERY_ONLY="YES" functions same?

Here the requirement is I have to check whether the form is protected against update or not.
So, I find a form which is protected against update having the parameter P_MODE="USER".
If I remove the parameter, the form can be updated.
In other words, these two are just parameters. Not functions.
Whichever form you are checking that will be treated as function in Apps.
Depending on these parameter the validations / restrictions would have been added.

These would have coded in when-form-instance / when-block-instance triggers either in the form or pll.
May be both have been used for same functionality or different.
If you can check the code, search for the parameters in the form to understand better.

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Item_Type_Code in Orderline table
Next Topic: Logon and logoff time and responsibility used
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:31:32 CDT 2024