Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » I need help to make a report in excel format (Report Builder 6i, Windows 7.)
icon4.gif  I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630024] Thu, 18 December 2014 12:52 Go to next message
cogn85
Hi, sorry about my english, but i'll try to let me explain.

At present in production enviroment are using a .rep file that when this execute by runtime, generate a .xls file.
I modified the query in .rdf file and compiled to make the .rep file. But when i install this changed .rep, doesn't create a .xls file, but created a PDF file.
How can i compile in GUI versión of Report Builder 6i, to when i put in Reports Runtime, create a .xls file and not the PDF.??
I looking some help browsing here, but i dont see anything like this.
Thanks.

Now i explain this in spanish, to Latin People xD.

Actualmente en producción usan un archivo .rep que se ejecuta con Report Runtime a cierta hora y genera un archivo .xls.
Tuve que modificar la query del archivo .rdf y volver a compilar. Pero cuando instalé el .rep con la modificación de query, no crea un archivo .xls sino que un PDF.
Como puedo compilar mediante la version GUI de Report Builder 6i o mediante consola, para que al momento de poner el .rep en Report Runtime cree un archivo .xls y no el PDF??
Realicé la busqueda en el foro, pero no encontré nada como mi problema.
Gracias.
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630032 is a reply to message #630024] Thu, 18 December 2014 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What report parameters do you use? What is DESFORMAT set to? See whether DESFORMAT=DELIMITED and DELIMITER=, do any good.
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630040 is a reply to message #630032] Thu, 18 December 2014 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogn85
Thanks for reply Littlefoot
But, how can i set the DESFORMAT parameter? or where i do that?

Thanks!
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630054 is a reply to message #630040] Fri, 19 December 2014 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you call that report now? Is it from a form, from command prompt, or ...?
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630065 is a reply to message #630054] Fri, 19 December 2014 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogn85
The report its call from Oracle Runtime, calling the .rep file.
I assume that the parameter DESFORMAT must be set before compiling. But, where i do that?
I send the picture of where i think it can be.
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630081 is a reply to message #630065] Fri, 19 December 2014 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if you run it from Reports Builder, then I'd agree - here it is, among all the other parameters.
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630187 is a reply to message #630081] Mon, 22 December 2014 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogn85
Thanks Littlefoot.
How would compile this report (.rdf) through prompt, to be sure that generates .xls files?
Re: I need help to make a report in excel format [message #630201 is a reply to message #630187] Mon, 22 December 2014 16:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd try to include DESFORMAT into the RWRUN command (when ran at the operating system command prompt).
Previous Topic: How to get Opening balance in a report
Next Topic: Get Error Number and Error Message printed to text file raised from oracle reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:08 CDT 2024