Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation (Fusion HCM Payroll)
icon4.gif  Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #666998] Mon, 04 December 2017 11:05 Go to next message
khushboo
Can anyone help me in understanding why we keep on getting the error while validating the formula "The Formula is invalid. The operator, bracket or value is entered incorrectly."

This error is showing up in spite of using standard source and insert function tabs to ensure syntactical accuracy. We have even tried different subledger sources and used simple IF/ THEN constructs but we keep on getting the same error. Has anyone used this functionality and have any guide or information available pls share.

Pls see the attached screenshot for the further details.

Navigation - Setup & maintenance > Manage implementation projects > Search for Manage custom Formula > Create one

Formula text :
IF"Costs Element Name" = 'Regular Salary'
THEN "Cost Allocation Key Flexfield Segment 1" = '01'
  • Attachment: SLAIssue2.PNG
    (Size: 51.54KB, Downloaded 1794 times)
Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667004 is a reply to message #666998] Tue, 05 December 2017 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Hi Khushboo,

I am not an expert in HRMS.
But don't you think assignment should have ":=" instead of "="?
Cost Allocation Key Flexfield Segment 1" := '01'
By
Vamsi
Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667037 is a reply to message #667004] Tue, 05 December 2017 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khushboo
Thanks Vamsi. I tried but still its not working.
Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667039 is a reply to message #667037] Tue, 05 December 2017 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
It would help if you said something a bit more specific than "not working". However, from your first screen shot it looks as though you are trying to perform some sort of update statement. Is that correct? If so, you do need to use UPDATE...SET...

[Updated on: Tue, 05 December 2017 11:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667048 is a reply to message #667037] Wed, 06 December 2017 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vamsi kasina
Sorry, I don't have a Fusion instance to test this.
I think you would have already referred the link.
I was wrong about ":=".
Please check if adding brackets help (for the condition and the assignment). I couldn't see a space after IF in the screenshot. Is it intended?

By
Vamsi

[Updated on: Wed, 06 December 2017 01:05]

Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667051 is a reply to message #667048] Wed, 06 December 2017 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, what I see is that code posted in the initial message is different from code on that screenshot. Furthermore, screenshot is rather useless (huge empty space with tiny useful info) so I can't read it properly. It might help if the OP posted actual code.
Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667083 is a reply to message #667051] Wed, 06 December 2017 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khushboo
Here is the code as per attached screenshot -

IF "Costs Element Name" = 'Regular Salary'
THEN "Cost Allocation Key Flexfield Segment 1"."Primary Balancing Segment"(PAY,S) = '01'

Huge empty spaces in code are coming by default with expression builder. In the code writer space you need to select all the values from the source where its coming with space.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 December 2017 09:27]

Re: Issue while creating payroll subledger custom formula(not a fast formula) creation [message #667085 is a reply to message #667083] Wed, 06 December 2017 09:31 Go to previous message
khushboo
Yes I am trying to update the information with the help of the code.
For the expression code writer area there are not conditions available like update set. Only available conditions are IF/THEN, IF/THEN/ELSE... Thanks!
Previous Topic: Cheque Printing Setup
Next Topic: Oracle application supporting issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:39 CDT 2024