Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM.
Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM. [message #75660] Mon, 12 January 2004 17:45 Go to next message
Vidyanand More
Hi All,

Environment Details as follows:
Oracle : 9.2.0.4 on windows NT. ( We upgraded oracle database version from 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.4)

Following were steps followed to create Stream Environment in OEM.

Selected Source Database : fin, Target Database Sid = orcl

Followed step 1 to 5 to create Stream Setup.

In the summary screen display error message 'Job Failed' while 'Starting up the Streams'.

1> Created stream administrator : SADMIN for source database, entered password for 'SYS'.
2> Selected Destinaton Database, created stream administrator : SADMIN for target database, entered password for 'SYS'.
3> Step was missing.
4> Selected Table from schema : stream.deps (Deps is table with structure exactly same as scott.dept with parimary key).
5> In Summary page displayed error as Job Failed 'Starting Up Streams'.

Summary as follows.

1. Setup Operations
- Capture the following schemas at source database, propagate and apply their changes to destination database.
"STREAM"

2. Export/Import Operations
- Export All the objects selected from source database.
- Import them to destination database.

3. Startup Operations
- Start the Apply process first at destination database.
- Start the Capture process at source database.

Error was displayed in summary screen as 'Job Failed' while executing 5th steps namely 'Starting Up Streams'.

I checked topology tab page for streams, all looks to be fine, there was link between source & target database in black colour (which is indication of no error), also Capture, Propagate & Apply are Active & looks to be fine.

I checked in Jobs node in OEM all jobs were scheduled correctly but shows status failed.

I am not sure what is the problem?. Did someone experience this type of problem?
Am I missing any step?
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Vidyanand
Re: Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM. [message #75664 is a reply to message #75660] Tue, 13 January 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vidyanand More
Hi all,
We managed to solve this problem.
Regards,
Vidyanand
Re: Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM. [message #75665 is a reply to message #75664] Tue, 13 January 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
So, what was the solution?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM. [message #75670 is a reply to message #75665] Wed, 14 January 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vidyanand More
Hi Frank,
We dropped the schema & recreated same oracle stream setup thur OEM wizard.
Unknowingly we tried to run oracl stream setup number of times & this resulted in number of unwanted entries in Capture,Propgation & Apply processes.
Regards,
Vidyanand
Re: Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM.=Proper Cleanup needs= Oracle 9i Streams [message #75689 is a reply to message #75670] Tue, 09 March 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anjan saikia
This could have been avoided doing a proper cleanup.
TIPS:

DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.REMOVE_RULE(NULL,'<streams_type>','<streams_name>');

After the processes are removed, continue on to stop and drop the queue, and finally the queue table.

To successfully remove an apply process, all errors must be deleted from the error queue. Use
dbms_apply_adm.delete_all_errors('apply_name');

Be sure to check for any error handlers and dml_handlers.
Check the views:
SELECT '"' || object_owner||'"."'||object_name || '"' OBJECT_NAME, operation_name ,
decode(error_handler,'Y','TRUE',FALSE) handler_type FROM DBA_APPLY_DML_HANDLERS;
Remove the handlers:
exec dbms_apply_adm.set_dml_handler(OBJECT_NAME, 'TABLE', operation_name, error_handler=>handler_type, user_procedure=>null);
Also, be sure to reset the logminer tablespace back to SYSTEM and drop the logminer tablespace to get back to the original state of the database.

Do NOT do a 'drop user ....cascade' until all of the above components are completely removed. If the streams processes and metadata are not removed prior to a 'drop user ... cascade', various problems will ensue.

regards,
Anjan Saikia
Re: Oracle Stream Setup thru OEM. [message #75698 is a reply to message #75670] Fri, 16 April 2004 22:43 Go to previous message
ahmed chines
tell me about stream
Previous Topic: Heterogenous replication using Oracle 9i streams
Next Topic: Streams DML to java JMS client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:24:58 CDT 2024