Home » Server Options » Spatial » Possible bug in Oracle9.2 SDO_UNION function
Possible bug in Oracle9.2 SDO_UNION function [message #75790] Mon, 09 September 2002 19:08 Go to next message
Duncan Lowes
Hi

We are trying to do a union of around 43000 objects using SDO_UNION. All objects have been validated successfully although they include many overlaps - they are overlapping mapsheets.

We tried 43000 iteratively and got an apparent memory leak/CPU bug in that Oracle goes to 99% CPU and never comes back requiring a server restart

We thought it may be the number of objects/vertices so we broke it down into tiles containing 360 objects each and iterated through them. Some of those tiles union within a second which is what you would expect while others immediately cause the above CPU bug to occur.

Has anyone come across this problem.

thanks

Duncan
Re: Possible bug in Oracle9.2 SDO_UNION function [message #75799 is a reply to message #75790] Mon, 13 January 2003 09:16 Go to previous message
Gary Keffer
I had something similar happen using SDO_AGGR_UNION. I am just experimenting/learning and haven't gotten a hold of a DBA to check it out yet. I'm using 9.2 with an r-tree and only 462 polygons. Did you ever figure this out?
Previous Topic: Oracle Spatial/Oracle Locator
Next Topic: Replication with spatial data.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:36:37 CDT 2024