Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » AM4CICS stub
AM4CICS stub [message #113611] Tue, 23 January 2001 08:28 Go to next message
Fred Orenics
IIs there a way to "automatically" include a AM4CICS stub into a Cobol program? We do NOT want to do a LKED INCLUDE whcih appears to be the ONLY way to accomplish this.

I have tried coding a subroutine the has an EXTERN in in and then calling the subroutine from the Cobol program. What happens is that the first thing to be resolved causes the SQLSTUB to be included. This causes many LKED errors.

I opened a problem ticket with IBM who said the safest way was to do the INCLUDE.

Can anyone help?
Re: AM4CICS stub [message #113621 is a reply to message #113611] Mon, 29 January 2001 23:02 Go to previous message
paul mansfield
: IIs there a way to "automatically" include a AM4CICS stub into a Cobol program? We do NOT want to do a LKED INCLUDE whcih appears to be the ONLY way to accomplish this.

: I have tried coding a subroutine the has an EXTERN in in and then calling the subroutine from the Cobol program. What happens is that the first thing to be resolved causes the SQLSTUB to be included. This causes many LKED errors.

: I opened a problem ticket with IBM who said the safest way was to do the INCLUDE.

: Can anyone help?
Fred,
are you doing this to avoid linkediting in each environment i.e move load modules rather than linking them. What we do in some of our test environments when we wish to refresh from a copy in another environment is to use ditto along with a recorded keystroke macro to change all ORAZ to ORAX etc. Not sure if this is what you are asking. The only thing to look out for is if you use ORAC as your ssn as there are lots of reference to 'ORACLE' of if you expect any other literals which match the name used.
I do get the impression that Access Manager is a bit of a 'quick and dirty' solution with not much resource spent in resolving errors or adding enhancements. Its a shame really as it gives a good interface to Oracle with a decent idea of responses provided by third party monitors.
We did have an Oracle consultant in years ago who did some tampering with the code to give something like you are asking but we had to drop it whan we upgraded as it wasn't supported. C'mon Oracle, if you want to support mainframes get some of these issues resolved.
Previous Topic: Capturng Oracle errors created during direct load SQL*LDR
Next Topic: Oracle for OS/390 with OSDI Training
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:30:38 CDT 2024