Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » who's using the CPU then part 2
who's using the CPU then part 2 [message #113872] Mon, 16 September 2002 08:56
Robin Upcott
We've been doing some testing with Oracle 8173, OSDI and MVS (the MVS only has 1 engine and we dont yet use workload manager so can only play with dispatching priorities)
I think I'm seeing the following...
==> When clients connect through net8 to oracle enclaves are set up. the dispatching priority of the enclave is that of the net8 started task (altering this DP makes no difference to an enclave already set up).
When net8 is busy and other batch work is above the database DP these enclaves seem to get orphaned - ie not cleared down - because the database does not have the priority to do the work.
Once the DP of the database is increased above the other work- and net8 (even for a short ammount of time) these enclaves can be cleared down, and everything gets back on an even keel again.
Has anyone else seen these orphaned enclaves (via RMF)?
How should the enclave be cleared down ?
Is it possible that these orphaned enclaves throttle net8 preventing "propper" work from getting through ?

I'd be most interested in hearing from anyone with similar experience in this minefield
Previous Topic: Re: Novell equivalent of NT Net Send command?
Next Topic: ASVT RSVNONR ORACLE 7.3.3 OS/390 2.10 ISSUE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:35:37 CDT 2024