Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » How to separate attachment from the email
How to separate attachment from the email [message #116957] Thu, 29 August 2002 08:12 Go to next message
Eugene
Hi all,
I am using Oracle 8.1.7 on Novel 6.0 and Netware 6.0
I am looking for a ways to strip off an attachment(s) from the email and move it to separate folder to run a procedure on it. Is it possible to do on Novel server(Netware) every time email arrives from a certain address??? What are other possibilities to do so? Please let me know.
Re: How to separate attachment from the email [message #116958 is a reply to message #116957] Tue, 10 September 2002 21:52 Go to previous message
John Lim
Dear Eugene

Sorry i can not help you but wonder if you can help me. I have got problem connecting Netware 6 Netware Enterprise Web Server to Oracle 8i remote Server on Unix Server.

I am given an exciting task to develop a web application on Netware 6 which is no longer supported by Oracle 8i. I am using NSN, NSP and NDO on Netware 6.0 with Netware Enterprise Server. I have to access an Oracle8i database sitting on Unix server in remote location.

Do I have to install Oracle Client in the NW6 server. If I do, how do I configure a connection string to access to remote Oracle Server.

I looked through NW6 documents and tested the sample codes but they did not work. No others useful info can be found to make it work so far. I tried survey generator demo and I thought it was developed for NW5.1 when Oracle was installed local to NW5.1 server.

The syntax for connection string in the sample code still refers local database connection. No useful info can be found for remote connection string for NW6 server..

CN.Open ("DBTYPE=0;DATABASE=ORANW81.WORLD", "scott","tiger")

I have developed a prototype for creating objects, home directory,assigning appropriate trustees and rights, volume limit for each user. But they are all hard coded and I need to connect to a remote Oracle database on Unix Server to make it live and dynamic.

Since you have successfully connect Ora 8i to Netware 6 . Can you please enlighten me . THANKS.
Previous Topic: comparing backup software
Next Topic: Who's using the CPU then ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:18:31 CDT 2024