Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Trouble shooting Oracle database on VMS
Trouble shooting Oracle database on VMS [message #260320] Sat, 18 August 2007 07:16 Go to next message
hp.nitinjain
Hi,

I am working on a project that runs on VMS and makes use of Oracle database.
Yesteday, I found my project is in hanging position. When I trouble shoot the process related to my project, I found that the status of all the 12 process related to my project is LEF, and no I/O is happening except for one of the process which is doing lots of direct I/O. I checked for monitor disk, where I found I/O is happening from database disk. So, I came to conclusion there is some problem with the data base because of which proper I/O is not happening.
I don't have much idea how to trouble shoot for database to find the actual problem. But I got following information:

1) rmu/sh sys shows: Database is still up and running.
2) rmu/sh user 'database'
3) And there is no error in RDMMON log file.
4) No disk space problem. Only 15% of disk is utilized

Can any one help me how should I proceed to know where the problem is. Or what parameter of database should I check to know the problem.

Regards,
Nitin
Re: Trouble shooting Oracle database on VMS [message #260408 is a reply to message #260320] Sun, 19 August 2007 10:47 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, did you try the simplest solution - rebooting your VMS system?
Previous Topic: NET SEND
Next Topic: EXP-00030 from MVS exp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:31:49 CDT 2024